Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday

I am toasty. Roasted. Bright red. "That girl". Whatever you want to call it. Stupid me was out in the sun forever with NO sunscreen. Yeah. I am like, the sunscreen girl. At the beach, I am sunscreening it up like, every 30 mins. Not today. And it hurts and my tan lines are awkward. Awesome. Spent the day at the parents doing some outside work. It was so hot. Found this little guy....who had fallen out of a nest. How cute is he?!?!?! His little eyes aren't even open yet. I named him Fuzz because the scraggly head of hair he has. Anyway...we couldn't find the nest so I brought him home, bound and determined to nurse that little birdie. Can I just say..I am super thankful that I have a husband who supports my need to save animals. I am a softie over every animal there is. Minus insects. I have no feelings towards insects. :) Anyway...we researched how to care for a baby bird. turns out...it's illegal! How crazy is that?? It also said that a human taking care of a lil birdie often does more harm than good and greatly decreases its chance of survival. Our best option was to find another nest to put him in. So Josh climbed on the house (we have a nest of babies that we can't even get to up there) and up two trees. See...told ya he is awesome. We found a nest that had a bird living in it (since she flew out) and decided to put him up there. Before we did, I told him this was his chance and we hoped he'd make it. Then he pooped on me. Ah well. :) But he is in the nest, and the other bird has returned so we are very hopeful that she will care for him and they will be great friends. Hope we gave little Fuzz a chance.
For dinner...the parents came over and we cooked this fabulous meal. Delish.

We are exhausted. Great long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment