Sunday, May 8, 2011

I've tried to think about what I'm going to say in this post but nothing really has been satisfying to me and no words can accurately express the range of thoughts, feelings and emotions that this past week has brought for us and our family. I want to share memories, conversations we had in his last days, ironic events that have happened, the numerous acts of kindness and generosity from friends, neighbors and strangers, but I won't. There is too much. Instead, I will just say that I will miss my Papaw so very much. He had a good, long life.
As silly as it sounds, it brings me great peace that he was buried in an outfit he would be wearing on a regular day (his work pants and a tshirt), he had a small John Deere tractor, his chewing tobacco and can of mt. dew with him. There was a beautiful farm scene on the inside of his casket and the funeral home surprised the family with a beautiful sketched farm scene on the top of his vault, free of charge. Papaw knew them well and they knew he would appreciate it. Isn't it amazing?
We are so appreciate of all the love and concern shown for our family. Please keep praying for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment