a HOMEMAKER!! For years my mom has been involved in this community club that is through the County Extension office. When we moved home, I started visiting the club. A couple months ago, I officially joined. It has been a lot of fun. Basically, we are a group of women of all different ages, interests and careers that live in the Woodstock community. A meeting consists of a fabulous meal, fellowship, prayer and a lesson. Some examples of our lessons are barn quilts, couponing, nuts and seeds, health screenings, how to plan a party, etc. The club encourages women to become a leader in their community and be service-minded. I LOVE the Homemakers Creed. It is what made me decide that I wanted to be a part of this.
KY Homemakers Creed
I believe in the home as an inspiring and happy center of family life,
comfortable and attractive, a place for relaxation and work where pleasures and responsibilities are shared.
I believe in the home, its contribution to community life which reflects the development of the homemaker and her family.
I believe in the homemaker, alert, diligent, in search of better ways of doing ordinary things for the welfare and happiness of her family.
I believe in the homemaker as a leader in her community, in her responsibility for passing on to others her mastered skills and knowledge.
I believe in the fellowship that comes through the homemakers' organization, the exchange of ideas, the joy of knowledge shared with others thus broadening our lives and lifting household tasks about the common place.
For these opportunities I am grateful, I am thankful for the courage of yesterday, the hope of tomorrow, and a growing consciousness of God's love always.
Isn't it powerful? It's good to be a Homemaker! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment