We took advantage of my furlough day (thanks state government!) and went to this new store that opened in the fall in Lancaster. They sell KY Proud items and local organic food. It looks like the neatest place (and it is!) Amongst some of our goodies we purchased...garlic scapes (awesome, try them if you have not), homemade peanut butter/chocolate granola bar (that didn't make it out of the parking lot!), lettuce, lemon pepper noodles, etc. Such a fun experience. We love this kinda thing.


SATURDAY
A very big day!! We had a special visit from Grace and her family. Grace and her husband owned our farm for many many years. It originally went to auction about 4 years ago (when my Papaw bought it), after her husband passed away. I was really nervous about this because I was so excited to meet her (I knew her daughter and grand daughter) but was also very hopeful that she would like what we had done in the house. It was really important to me. Mainly because her and her husband worked their whole lives and raised their family right here, in our house. I wanted her to be able to relive some of those memories again and feel good about the people who now live in the home that she built. It may sound silly, but it was really important to me. Well, we had nothing to worry about. Grace was the SWEETEST woman and I absolutely loved her! She told us stories about when it was built, what furniture she had where, how it felt to sell it, how it was to come back and see it, etc. She brought me a beautiful flower pot to plant flowers in. She told me several times how glad she was that we had gotten the farm. I just loved the time spent with her. She just turned 91 last weekend. What a sweet sweet time for us! We also decided that we would have to have a cook out! It was great. Look at how precious she is!
They built our home in 1949. I hope we get as many good years and memories here as they did!
No comments:
Post a Comment