Sunday, April 24, 2011
Saturday
What a lovely day. Slept in just a little....woke up to a text from mom that said..."Chocolate gravy?" I responded...."What time?" I LOVE chocolate gravy. Not as much as beans and cornbread, but it's up there. So we went over for breakfast. It was just as good as I expected. Mom is the best cook too. :) Then her and I took off to finish Easter shopping. I needed shoes and she needed a dress. Yeah, last minute. But we had a good time. The boys hauled off a bunch of junk that was in our barn. The fire dept. had a junk day. We were thankful for that. There were 4 tvs in the barn. 4. non working. tvs. from the previous people. crazy. Anyway....got home and it was.....DATE NIGHT!!! woohoo!! there is a restaurant called the Harbor....down by the lake. they have the BEST appetizer. fried banana peppers. but it's the light/crispy kinda fried, not dripping w/ grease fried. so we had that and salads. we love it there. it was the first somernites cruise of the season. check it out: www.somernitescruise.com. 27 was PACKED with cars....awesome old ones and some that people just think are cool. so we washed the car, got us some milkshakes from Culvers and cruised the strip with the rest of them. it was fun. people are set up all along 27 to watch the cars. all you can smell is rubber burning and that's about all you hear too. we ended up parking in a lot near an intersection so we could watch them all take off and race each other. it was such a fun time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mmmm...I'll have to try those next time we're at the Harbor. I like the mushrooms app too!
ReplyDeleteAnd if you go to the downtown section of the cruise next time...dad might be there selling kettle corn!