Oh and to advertise...the Easter Bunny visited a few of the elementary schools this morning. One kiddo gave the bunny a big ole hug and said, "Yep! She suuuure is fluffy!!!" They also wanted the bunny to eat carrots....and the cafeteria kiddos started chanting, "Carrots! Carrots!" One little boy greeted the bunny with a swift kick in an area that would hurt real bad if this bunny was a male! The bunny was a hit at the schools...only one crier, lots of hugs, lots of stares, lots of "I love you Easter Bunny" and even an "I miss you Easter Bunny!" (yeah.....not sure about that kid. :) ) Anyway....wish us luck. Will definitely have lots of pics to share once I recoup from the event!
Friday, April 15, 2011
Egg Hunt Preparation!!
Wow. The Easter season is upon us. I love Easter. I love knowing that God loved me enough to send His Son to die for me (and you). It truly is amazing grace. We are celebrating Easter at the Woodstock Community Center this year! In just a little short of a month, mom and I have worked our tails off on organizing this event...what we hope will become a yearly thing! Now it's almost here. We have stuffed 3,000 eggs!!! We have an Easter Bunny! It's gonna be awesome!! To start off the day we are having story time. This will be a puppet show/story about the true meaning of Easter, Christs' death and resurrection (AMEN!!) The youth group from Woodstock Baptist Church will also perform a skit and an interpretive song to Glorious Day. Then the kiddos will get to participate in lots of activities! We'll have a coloring contest, face painting, a cupcake hop, a cake raffle, sack race, etc. There will be a special appearance by the Easter Bunny, hunting for eggs and having a big ole time. The radio station will be there in the morning to cover the event. We're really excited!! Sneak peak.....one of the projects mom and I have worked on. I think it turned out pretty stinkin' cute!
Oh and to advertise...the Easter Bunny visited a few of the elementary schools this morning. One kiddo gave the bunny a big ole hug and said, "Yep! She suuuure is fluffy!!!" They also wanted the bunny to eat carrots....and the cafeteria kiddos started chanting, "Carrots! Carrots!" One little boy greeted the bunny with a swift kick in an area that would hurt real bad if this bunny was a male! The bunny was a hit at the schools...only one crier, lots of hugs, lots of stares, lots of "I love you Easter Bunny" and even an "I miss you Easter Bunny!" (yeah.....not sure about that kid. :) ) Anyway....wish us luck. Will definitely have lots of pics to share once I recoup from the event!
Oh and to advertise...the Easter Bunny visited a few of the elementary schools this morning. One kiddo gave the bunny a big ole hug and said, "Yep! She suuuure is fluffy!!!" They also wanted the bunny to eat carrots....and the cafeteria kiddos started chanting, "Carrots! Carrots!" One little boy greeted the bunny with a swift kick in an area that would hurt real bad if this bunny was a male! The bunny was a hit at the schools...only one crier, lots of hugs, lots of stares, lots of "I love you Easter Bunny" and even an "I miss you Easter Bunny!" (yeah.....not sure about that kid. :) ) Anyway....wish us luck. Will definitely have lots of pics to share once I recoup from the event!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment