Sunday, April 10, 2011

Get together!!

We had some friends over to celebrate Josh turning 30! We definitely missed our friends who couldn't make it but had a great time catching up with the ones that could. First, we had a TON of food. And we still have a TON of food. Having the hail storm right before the party started kinda affected our turn out. That was ok though. It's so hard to spend as much time with people as you would like. So we ate. A LOT. On the menu...appetizers...chopped cauliflower, petite carrots and broccoli, dipped in my homemade hummus. A lovely fruit salad that is a recipe of my dear friend Robin in Louisville. I loved when she would make it. MMM. For dinner we grilled Petrey raised beef, asparagus, mixed vegetables, baked beans, potato salad, chips....hmm..what else??? Well, it was GOOD!! For dessert........one of the best cakes I've had in a LONG time! How fun is this?!?! I got the idea for it a few weeks back, found a pic online and asked my very talented friend Steph to try her hand at it. She did a fabulous job! It was a hit and was uh-mazing!!! We had lots of help from Sandy, Mom and Sister, to get things ready. Really appreciated them!! I am horrible at taking pics of everyone at events...but here are some fun shots from the day! Daddy had worked all day. He was chilling.
This cracks me up. Sister is SO Hollywood!
We silly!
Our sweet friend Diana from Louisville. We were THRILLED she was here!
My BFF Heather! We missed you Frank!
Andrea and Dana! Love these girls! We were so glad they came!
Bummed I didn't get mor epics of our other guests. I need to do better on that. Either way, we had a great time with our family and friends. At the end of the day, we were EXHAUSTED, but so incredibly thankful for the people we have in our lives. Thanks to everyone who came and to those who weren't able to- we are thankful for you all too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment