Let It Be
When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.
And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be. Yeah
There will be an answer, let it be.
And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me,
Shine on until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
There will be an answer, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be
It immediately takes me back to nearly 3 years ago. I remember Josh and I were sitting at the dinner table, talking about our day, eating dinner....and this song came on. And it just brought me to tears. My friend Lori was battling cancer and in that moment, it hit me that it wasn't getting better. She was so positive about her cancer and her treatment that she just made you believe she was going to beat it too. There are so many other songs that remind me of her.....any Gary Allan song, Our Song by Taylor Swift (sung at her wedding) and her first dance song...Brad Paisleys' She's Everything. But all those songs make me think of her and smile. But Let it Be....that song takes me back to the emotions when I realized I may have seen her for the last time. but I think I will choose not to remember how she was in the hospital but instead our funny emails and just chilling in her cozy home, eating brownies, watching her wedding video and spending time together. Even though she wasn't healed on this earth, I know the Lord healed her and I rejoice in that. I am thankful for that. But for right now...I am just sad. I can't believe in May it will be three years. Here's a photo of my lovely friend on her wedding day. Isn't she glowing? (Sorry about the copyright thing)
This is very sweet and moving. And nothing can remind/refresh/renew like hearing an old familiar song.
ReplyDelete