Monday, March 14, 2011

Ahh Spring

It is upon us! What a beautiful weekend! We went into town to get some supplies for some projects. Started on nearly all of them, completing....um...two I think. :) But progress is progress! The completed (for now) picture wall. Still considering the placement of frames....but i LOVE our initials.

We let the girls outside for the first time this weekend. So far they've been out 3 times and LOVED it. It was SO fun to watch. They were so excited. The first time they were hesitant to come out of the coop but then they were just going to town. So funny to watch. We didn't get a pic with all 5 of them. Look at beautiful Rose!

Josh finished painting the cabinet and we moved it inside. That was exciting! It will be my baking station!
The girls have consistently been laying 4 eggs a day. Aren't they pretty? We are so proud!

Finally got the vinyl prepared! I painted this old board and put the vinyl on. We still have to cut the board and put it up. I love it!
Other projects currently going on...I am making the dogs new beds. I have yet to find material that I like. So far I've gotten some quilt batting that I put inside a waterproof vinyl pillowcase. It's real fluffy. They have a tendency to dump their water bowl sometimes and the foam beds just soak it up and you can't really clean them. I'm excited to get their new beds finished. I also put out a spring flag, which I forgot to take a pic of. We have the enclosed porch section primed. This week we'll get the paint on. It's a cornbread shade. I'm excited to see how it turns out and get our chairs in there. Yay! As for curtains....ugh. I lost count after 9...places we'd been to looking for curtains and/or material. Two places I actually convinced myself into getting and one didn't have enough material and the other didn't have the curtain in stock. BUMMER. I'm so over curtains!! So the search continues... Hope you all had a lovely weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like you need a reality show to keep up with your projects!! ...I would totally watch by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the initials on your picture wall!! That's an idea I just might have to steal. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks girls!
    Mel- my show would be totally boring and random but I least I know there would be one dedicated viewer! :) perhaps when you're up w/ late night feedings?

    Lizzie- yay thanks! I got them at Hobby Lobby. They were only a dollar or so a piece. I was like, woohoo!! I can definitely see a big "M" surrounded by sweet lil pics of Sophie Grace!!

    ReplyDelete