Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hmm..

it's always hard to remember what has been going on when I get behind in blogging. Boo. last weekend we had a long weekend. we were so excited to tackle a pretty hefty to-do list that we had saved for this weekend. the weekend gets here and finds us both with some serious sinus stuff. coughing, choking, hard to breath, all that good stuff. Needless to say, we didn't get much crossed off the list. We did manage to spend some quality time with some of Josh's fam that was able to come to Lex. We had a great day just hanging out and playing corn hole. Got to see Sister and Bob for a little bit. The hay got cut and raked. I hung out with my 4 sweet cousins for a bit. Worked in the garden. Wasn't much else going on or at least anything that comes to mind at the moment. Lots of soup and popsicles.
I was also excited to see these almost ready strawberries to be plucked and enjoyed....until I came home and they were gone. Pretty sure Sophia was the culprit.
Made some yummy food this past week. a Deer roast with veggies, some homemade chocolate peanut butter granola bars and frozen bananas dipped in chocolate. (thanks pinterest!) Snapped this of the pups burning rubber to come back inside. They're so cute!
Also this week....I had my last day at the office in Danville. My coworkers made it pretty amazing. I walked in to the smell of breakfast being cooked (biscuits, gravy, eggs, fruit, muffins, etc). YUM!!
Penney had a gift bag in my chair full of awesome Auburn stuff.
Jason surprised me with my FAVORITE smoothie from my fav restaurant in Danville...the Hub.
He and Penney also gave me the cutest little chicken/egg ever and a laughing machine thingy.
Later we had our last lunch together from the Hub. I'm going to miss these people lots. They've become such good friends. I love them to pieces. I didn't get a pic of everyone but these two faces I will seriously miss every single day.
And in case you're wondering...the transfer is because the office is only 15 miles from house instead of 32..one way..so it makes a huge difference. So I've very thankful and I really like the gals in the new office...it's just a bittersweet kinda thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment