I cleaned it up and painted in a bright blue, kinda a peacock blue. I did not sand it, which I should of done, but I was going to experiment with some Crackle so I opted not to.
Haha, this makes me laugh. But the blue matched my shirt perfectly! Anyway, I did two coats of paint but didn't apply it very thick and used a smaller brush. I kinda liked seeing the brush strokes in it versus the smooth uniform color. I thought it might add more contrast when I applied the Crackle. Sadly, it did not. This was my first experience with Crackle which was super easy to use. I applied a thin coat.
From a distance, you can't tell that it is there, but up close, it looks like this.
I think it would have stood out more if I would have applied a thicker coat and also maybe if I used a lighter color than a blue. But not a fail. I plan to hang this at work in my office. In between drying times, I finished my kitty litter bags for Hospice.
No comments:
Post a Comment