Just some quick info to bring you up to speed on my Dr. appts this week. The ENT confirmed that the cyst/nodule on my thyroid is VERY small and was probably found incidentally. (I'd been having trouble swallowing, etc...asked my Dr. to feel it, he felt the nodule and referred for an ultrasound). It is not affecting the size of my thyroid (YAY!) or it's functioning. It's too small to be localized by a needle so a biopsy will not be done as of now. He wants a repeat ultrasound in 6 months to check for any type of growth. He was more concerned with my dry nose and sore throat (thanks allergies!), which made me fantastically happy! So thankful for a good report. My blood pressure reading was actually high that day (and I've always got great BP readings!) so it was nice that the build up was over. For the past month I had just been anticipating the size and if it was affecting anything. So we are very thankful that at the moment, all is well. We'll continue to claim that as a prayer answered.
For the gastro appt...a follow up to the scope. Great news as well. No evidence of H. Pylori, Cancer, Celiac Disease, etc. All my blood work was great as were the biopsies. The type of polyp was a result of being on the Prevacid. Which they said is more important to take that med to reduce the symptoms of all the acid my stomach is producing. They believe all the trouble I was having was a result of the acid, causing spasms, etc. The hiatal hernia is extremely small, only visible at certain times. Although that is something that will never go away, it is not big enough to require any treatment. So for now, I will be taking the Prevacid for a couple more weeks and tapering off. Another prayer answered. I was so concerned that something was bad wrong. I haven't been sick in well over a month. SUCH a blessing and very THANKFUL these appointments are over and good news was to be had. God is awesome. Thanks for all the many many prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment