After they left we started working on the yard. I got the mowing done and Josh weed-eated. It looked awesome when we were done. My hubs is one good looking farm boy! I wish I would of taken a picture of him working! One of our biggest excitements of the weekend was finding out that we have a hot and cold spicket outside. How awesome is that?!?! It's the little things! We also kept seeing these beautiful butterflies and they seem to looove this one flower!
We also had a water guy come over and we are starting the process of getting city water. We're kinda bummed about this actually because it'd be great not to have a water bill and just use the pump. We aren't sure though how long it'll last and it seems like they can be real expensive if you have to fix it. So....we'll be able to use the well water for stuff and then have the city water. But the hot and cold spicket....that was real excitement! While we were doing this, we also had our first official "just stopping by" visitor! His name is Donnie....and I don't remember him much but he knew dad so he stopped by to chat since he was out riding. Real nice fella!
Oh we also got to make a trip to Mighty Dollar. It has been way too long. They had so much new scrap book stuff, I was totally overwhelmed! then we had a lovely dinner at Cracker Barrel with the parents. Sunday we got to spend time with Papaw, who is at home and seems like he's feeling better. So it felt like a very productive weekend even though we didn't really do a lot! It was exciting to feel like we were making some kind of progress though and to get to show our little farmhouse to the rest of our family. I think there will be many more days to come of sitting out under that big shade tree. Silly as it sounds, there is just something about being at home. The sky is a little bluer and it smells a little sweeter! :) OH! I almost forgot....we are planning on getting a rooster and a hen. Eventually it'd be fun to get our own eggs. Right now, I'm thinking more about names! We like Milton but can't think of a good girl name to match! I'm a fan of Rudy and Pearl but Josh says he doesn't know what to think about Rudy. So we'll keep working on it and any suggestions are welcome! We're ready for more weekends to come where we can actually do some work and make progress on our farmhouse! YAY!
Wow, I just read over this and realized how random and choppy it is. Oh well, I get excited and it's hard to stay on track!
No comments:
Post a Comment