Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend festivities!

We wanted to do an inspection before we really got started working on the house just so we would know if there was anything else that needed work that we couldn't necessarily see. The inspector was super helpful and everything turned out pretty good for a house that is estimated to have been built in the 50's. We were really excited. It made us feel like we could go ahead and get started! Josh spent most of Saturday tearing the flooring out. There was a LOT of linoleum in that house. A lot meaning THREE layers underneath a layer of carpet! No kidding! In the end, pretty much all of the flooring is up, exposing hardwood underneath- YAY!

Ooohh lovely huh? The one you can't see as well is blue and white with silver and gold glitter. Yes. Glitter. And here is many years of flooring! And here it all is! Off to the junk pile! Yay! Mom and sister told us we ought to keep a square of each piece of linoleum and frame it or use it as some type of artwork. We thought that was a great idea. Some of the history will get to remain in the house! Or maybe the craft house! And here we are after loading up all this garb!

While Josh was working on the house, I got to spend the day with my long time BFF, Dianna. We have such a great time together and wish I could see her more! She probably won't appreciate this but the next pic is one of my favorites of the day. :-) I think it's just hilarious! That night we hooked up with some more fabulous friends and went to our 10 year high school reunion. That was some craziness. Here's Andrea, one of my favorites! She came to our school our senior year and we went to college together...became roomies and have been best friends ever since. I love this girl! And here's a group shot after the festivities. Two of my most fabulous gals and Justin...a good buddy that I've known since 2nd grade. Lots of history within this pic!

Definitely a fun filled weekend and I love spending time with those friends who you can just pick up with right where you left off. Making our first progress on the farmhouse was awesome too and we're super excited to keep working. Yay progress!

1 comment:

  1. Score on the hardwood! But why no love for the glitter linoleum? I hope you saved me a piece of it as well.

    ReplyDelete