Keeping up with the Holcombs!
Monday, March 12, 2012
Owensboro!!!
Josh and I left Friday to spend the weekend with some of my fantastic friends from good ole Lindsey Wilson College (aka Ldub). We get up to Suzys (we were roommates for 2 years) and get to meet her awesome fiancé who she will be betrothed to (ahahaha) June 9th. He is just as awesome as she is and I am so incredibly happy for her. Did I mention that her ring is GORGEOUS?!?! Anywho...Friday night we just chilled and caught up. I love that I haven't seen her in nearly two years (boo....) but it's just as comfy as it was when we were roomies. So we hung out in our comfy clothes and chatted up a storm. We talked wedding and she showed off her AMAZING dress, jewelry and all the fun details. Saturday we slept in and woke up to the delicious smell of waffles! Then we got ready and went out to Reids Orchard where the wedding will take place. We are shooting their wedding so it was also great to see the site ahead of time. It is going to be absolutely beautiful in June and she will be STUNNING! We are so excited! There were also some hens and baby chicks (squeal!!!) and some goats at the orchard. You know I was on cloud nine. we petted the goats and i fed them corn. YAY! Then Davey and Suz took us to Moonlight BBQ. WOW. It was awesome. Not a lot of talking going on. While there, we learned from a very informational server man that Owensboro was also home to the oldest Sassafrass tree. Well, you know we had to go see that. What a cool story...it is the oldest and largest recorded in the US. Once they planned to cut it down and this first ole lady Grace met them there with a gun. She was ready to shoot. Thankfully she didn't and the tree still stands. Next was hanging by the river. such a gorgeous day. Then we decided we could use a nap and got settled in for a red box night. So relaxing. We watched Contagion and the Ides of March. Good movies. Sunday we went to church where Brad preaches. Brad was the officiant that married Josh and I. Karen (KB) is one of my fantastic LDub buddies and I have some seriously good times (and stories) with her and Brad...like the time Brad picked up two hitch hikers on the way back to school and made me sit in the back with both of them! (it sounds worse than it was! ) Ah good times. He of course preached an awesome sermon and their church was so warm and welcoming. And their kids? The cutest and sweetest in the world. They are precious! So good to see them again. AFterwards we all went to lunch and got to catch up. Cannot wait for June to roll around when I get to see all of them again. Weekend was over too soon but it was so relaxing and awesome to spend it with people who are so dear to me! Here are some pics of the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post
Older Post
Home
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment