I have a handful of blogs that I follow. There are 3 that I keep up with that are ladies I do not know. Two of them are craft blogs and one is Libby's. I have been following her blog for almost a year now. I don't know Libby personally (even though her husband is from Lexington-small world!) but I stumbled across it randomly and started at the beginning of her journey through cancer. Through being in her early twenties....having a 7 month old baby and being told she has Lymphoma. They are in ministry. Libby shared her faith all through her treatments. Today marks the one year anniversary that she was diagnosed. God healed her body. She is now cancer free! But she pours out her heart and is raw and real and it is a precious, precious thing. Take the time to read her blog entry today. She recalls how different her faith is, how much bigger God seems, how He taught her to not waste her cancer, but to use it for His glory. How it feels to be cancer free. You will be blessed. You may even just sit for a couple hours and start reading from the very beginning. It will be well worth it. Pray for Libby, that her cancer does not return. That God will continue blessing the ministry that her and her husband are involved in. That she will continue touching lives through her blog and her testimony. You will be changed after reading her story. We all have an experience with cancer somehow. Through a family member, friend, a friends friend. A random persons story. Libby's story touches me so deeply because not only do I know others and even have family members who have had/have cancer but 3 years ago in May, I lost a dear friend to cancer. No one is exempt. It could happen to anyone. But I think of Lori and how different her story was from Libby's. How I desperately wish that she was healed on earth. That she could have celebrated her first anniversary. But that wasn't her story. That wasn't the plan that God had for her. She was healed but in a different way. Libby's blog will change your heart. It will strengthen your faith. Don't waste whatever your "cancer" is. Use it to glorify God.
http://libbyryder.blogspot.com/2011/07/365-days-later.html
No comments:
Post a Comment