It has been so beautiful. Just been doing a few things around the house. I put flannel sheets on the bed and you would have thought it was my birthday. I was THAT excited. last night we went to the Cowans to chill at the pond, have some soup, bonfire and enjoy some good company. Such a beautiful night. Today we stuck around home, went to Hillside Pantry (love going there) and Josh worked on wedding pics while I rode with dad while he cut hay. This evening we went for a run and guess what... who ran 2 whole miles without stopping?? THIS GIRL!! Usually I will do intervals of running so long with a 1 min walk break in between but tonight felt good and I was super excited. We have been excited about using Gympact/RunKeeper. It is keeping us accountable and we have been logging 4-6 nights per week of running/walking for a minimum of at least 30 minutes. It's been fun. I would highly suggest it. Extra motivation....you can earn money by your workouts. Check it out.
Also exciting... I have been planning our meals for next month. Our goal is to have one monthly trip to the grocery. This is going to help us stick more with our grocery budget. If it sounds crazy, it might be. But we are determined and though it may take some trial and error, I am committed to making this work for us. We tend to spend more money when we don't plan as well. By doing this, we will also be decreasing our amount of processed food because I will be making more of it from scratch. We will also be able to have plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. It's all about planning people and I firmly believe it can be done with some motivation and discipline. I came across the idea for this on an awesome blog that I follow. She has amazing tips/suggestions for maximizing your resources. Check her out at http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com
I'll be sure to keep you updated on our progress. I have more work to do on planning our food, planning a baby shower (SQUEAL!!!!), making plans for homemakers next month (i'm hosting), hosting 2 friends from Louisville soon and also hosting our Girls Christmas. I gotta get to work. Football is on, (WAR EAGLE!!) and I"m snuggled up with my pups and a blanket. Doesn't get much better. Happy Weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment