Saturday, August 4, 2012
The Ole Stomping Ground...Lindsey Wilson College
Lindsey Wilson College...ah good ole Ldub. It was by complete chance (ok, God's providence) that I ended up there. Long story. But I had the chance to run by it the other day and spend some time reliving old memories. It made me immediately go home and try to find some old pics. The blog is about to be bombarded with photos and a trip down memory lane. Oh, I also look ridiculous. My awesome large glasses, curling iron roll bangs, good stuff like that. Disclaimer: I happened to have one photo box in the house with these pics inside. I opted not to dig through the albums in the craft house...which means I have more from the beginning of Ldub than the end. :)
My dorm freshman year in Phillips Hall. Long roommate story but it ends with Sarah. Who I thought was super cool and had such fun with.
We spent a lot of time with Chris (my high school friend) and his roommate Paul, who lived here. We pecked on that window alot.
We spent a lot of nights walking campus, having some good talks, riding in the Boblett Mobile and watching BET. :)
Many of my favorite memories from freshman year have those guys in it and these girls too...
Such a great group of friends, they're awesome. Sophomore year found me here in Lilly Hall (yay air conditioning!) with Andrea and our suite mates, Amy and Sabrina. Living in Lilly included missing a lot of class because of playing Mario Brothers, a lot of mid night trips to Bells Bakery (OMG...awesome), Nyquil, dance parties and reading our Literature books out loud to each other.
This was also the year I met Karen, Felisha and Amanda. They played a life changing role in my life.
This year I spent lots of time heading back and forth from school to home with Karen and Brad doing ministry stuff. We had some fun times. Junior year led me to College Hill. That apartment smelled awful and was so damp but we were happy to be out of the dorm. I lived with Andrea, Megan (who we met in Lilly) and Suzy (Meg's friend). As skanky as that place was we had lots of dance parties, saved little Jackie Chan, watched lots of Made and just had good times.
Sitting on the church steps enjoying Bells. I was devastated when I found out it had closed. Best donut shop around.
LWC is a beautiful campus. One of my most favorite places was the Chapel. I spent a lot of time there.
. Senior year...Draper 5A...still with Andrea, Megan and Suzy. That year was spent watching a lot of the Nanny, Golden Girls and Lifetime movies, going to the lake and "pouring some sugar on me!". I absolutely LOVED living with these girls and am so thankful for them. This was our last night together. Andrea and I were graduating. Meg and Suz still had another year. We drug our mattresses out and slumber partied our last night. It's hard to believe that 8 years has gone by since graduation. Obviously this blog post isn't all inclusive of all the amazing people that I meet along the way that impacted my life but it was some of the best years of my life. I am so very thankful for the opportunity I had to be a Blue Raider and met these people. I love that I am still in contact with nearly everyone that I was so close to. LWC will forever be such a great part of my life. Although...I do wish that they had all the cool stuff they do now when I was a student there. Oh well. Every student, every day! HAHA! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Fun times...thanks for the walk down memory lane!
ReplyDelete