Thursday, December 1, 2011

Petrey Girls Trash the Dress!

Ok, not really. The concept of Trash the Dress is super cool. The whole idea of getting your wedding dress all dirty and basically ruining it in an effort to show that your marriage is a total commitment and you never need to wear that dress again. But the idea of RUINING your wedding dress? no thanks!!! We have wanted to do this for a while. My sweet Grandpa Curtis who passed when I was in middle school drove this old Cadillac. The caddy. It's been sitting in the field for YEARS. It is going to be leaving. We are all sad to see it go. we decided we wanted our pictures taken with it and we'd all be wearing our wedding dresses. Mom got hers out, which was amazing. I wish I had worn her veil! Sister and I put ours on (I was also thrilled that mine was too big and we had to pin it- yay!) and we got to snapping shots. We had a fun time and this way, we felt like we were honoring Grandpa and the Cadillac he loved. Here are some favs!




it was a great last "hurrah" in the Caddy. A special last memory. And we have lots. LIke the time when Grandpa backed it into the huge tree and bark came off the tree and didn't hurt the car a lick. That thing was a tank!

No comments:

Post a Comment