We FINALLY got up the rest of the linoleum and adhesive in the kitchen. That was such a pain. Extremely time consuming. All 4 days were spent sanding and sanding and sanding those floors. Some of the wood is absolutely beautiful and looks brand new. Some other rooms look rustic and full of character. Ultimately we figure we'll do a light stain and finish them. The boys worked incredibly hard on the floors and even though they aren't finished, they already look amazing! Mom and I took on the Craft House!! We cleaned out that little building, like just a few more things to do but it will be ready for storage and painting. YAY! I got to thinking that I have absolutely no idea how to decorate this building. I think it needs to be something fun but I also don't want it to be too girly since Josh will have his music stuff in there too. So we'll see.
The hay has been cut, fluffed, raked and rolled and looks beautiful! There is nothing like looking out at a fresh cut field! We also got our city water meter put in this weekend. The view from every spot on our property is absolutely amazing!
Josh's friend, Dan, came down from Lexington. He helped the boys out a lot and is always great to be around. He also brought his pistol to show us how it's done. Josh and I definitely want some type of gun but not sure what. So we set up a target in the field and Dan gave us some lessons. It was pretty fun. Turns out if I'm sitting down and the target is still....they don't have a chance!
My fabulous friend Andrea came out to chill with us and I'm so glad she did. It was much needed- love spending time with her! We didn't do much. Sat underneath the tree and chatted and then we all bonfired that night. It was perfect weather, a clear starry sky and the most gigantic smores ever. Good times.
Sandy, Auntie and Grandad were able to come out for a little bit. Sandy brought us a shop vac which I was incredibly excited about. I was the dust sucker-upper all weekend and I was amazed at how much that piece of equipment can do! I think everyone needs one! She also brought Josh some more tools that he will definitely use. We were really glad they were able to come out and it had been a while since we'd gotten to visit with Auntie.
So all in all, it was a very productive weekend but boy are we T.I.R.E.D!!! We are SO thankful for the help of mom and dad. They worked their tails off this weekend and are so supportive and just as excited as we are! Also a huge thanks to Dan. He helped out a lot and took care of an extremely disgusting situation! We are just really appreciative of everyone in our lives that support us in so many different ways. Thanks for loving us and helping us work towards our goals. Below are a zillion photos of the weekend in no particular order. Enjoy!




No comments:
Post a Comment