Sunday, September 12, 2010

Favorite Night!

There is one night of the year that I absolutely look forward to....well...pretty much all the time! The George Strait concert! This was my 6th year of going. I never get tired of it. This year was no different and it was without a doubt, the BEST one yet! I don't love George because he's a nice looking celebrity or because he's all over the tabloids and always has drama (which he doesn't). I love George because he exemplifies being a man of great character. He has had a long successful marriage, loves Jesus, has amazing talent and he loves all things country. He does not expose himself, his family or his career to gain attention or fame. He is simply awesome. I really began listening to his music when I was in high school and he quickly became my all-time favorite. Whether I'm happy, sad, excited, mad...I listen to George. His music can calm, pump up, soothe.....basically anything you need. If I could meet one "celebrity"....it would be him. I've often thought what I would say to him if we actually met. I could never decide....but then I had dreamt that we did meet and the question I asked was...."How many head of cattle do you have?" He left before he got to answer....so I guess that's what I'll ask. I would love to hang out with him! Anyway.....every year I try to win the "meet and greets" and thus far....no success. But I'll keep trying.

My very first GS concert was in Indianapolis. Our seats were 10th row back on the floor...right beside the gate where he walks through. TWO times...we touched hands! It wasn't a slap, it was a moment. I know that sounds cheesy....but I have the picture to prove it! But to feel connected for a split second to someone that you have the utmost respect for, is totally awesome! Anyway, I've always said to my parents and Josh...if anything ever happens to me and I'm in a coma.....play George.....at my funeral....play George. So yes, it is not an infatuation but just a part of my soul. It makes me happy. I love that my parents and Josh share in my joy and are always willing to go.

This year the other singers were Lee Ann Womack and REBA. I LOVE me some Reba. Especially Fancy! Which she did at the end and I'll post a video and it's a MUST SEE!! So here's to another night of awesomeness! OP- there was an error uploading the video...I'll keep trying. Here is my very first concert and moment with George!
Yep that's my arm and he's looking at me! I cried after this happened! :)
Anyway, here are a few pics from our night. Did I mention that I also loved that security made us all pull up our pant legs to check our boots. Hilarious. Oh and Reba had a guest appearance from...Barbara Jean! Of course, we all love watching Reba so we were super excited...especially daddy. He hooped and hollered when Reba was done. I think he enjoyed her more than George this year Can't wait til next time!


"

1 comment: