Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day & More!

Father's Day. Thankful for a heavenly Father who saved my soul. Thankful that He blessed me with these amazing men in my life. My daddy, who has always been a source of strength and wisdom for me. I have always been his shadow. I am so proud to be his daughter. Just a glimpse of his character....he said to me, Sister and the boys....that one of his greatest Father's Day gifts was the gift of his Son in laws. Because they adore his daughters, gave him wonderful grandchildren and was good to him. So many men can't say this about their family. I'm humbled and thankful that he can. I am thankful for Bobby who is a perfect match for Sister and the absolute best dad to Mayla. That girl is blessed, growing up with a man like Bob as her daddy. Lastly, I can't even express how much I treasure Josh. He is a man of character that was created just for me. He is my love and an amazing dad to David Monroe. What an example our sweet boy has. I am so excited to experience life with him. So thankful for these men in my family. We will celebrate them every day,not just one! 

David Monroe had his first experience in his little pool this weekend. He absolutely LOVED it!


Omg. the cuteness!
The best daddy!!! Such a hard worker.
Check out the artistic works of David Monroe. He's pretty advanced, right? :)
His gift to papaw...a jar of nuts saying, "Nuts over Papaw". Did I mention how creative he is?
Sweet May May also has some serious creative abilities. She made Papaw a canvas of her footprint in his favorite tractor all by herself! Where's my John Deere peoooopppplllllle?!?!?! YAY!!!!!!!

Red Sox attire for my boys. In honor of our team winning the World Series the day after DM's birth!


DM's gift to daddy....a jar of Oreos saying, "Daddy is a Cookie Monster". Truth. That jar is 1/2 gone.
 Just cousins talking about how great their daddies are.
 Free froyo with daddy!
 Hilarious!

DM made a card and a magnet for daddy at daycare! They came to have lunch with me at work!

 The garden. It's grown a lot..this was weeks ago.
DM in his pool attire!
Not too long ago I met up with my best gals Amber and Gina in Lex. We went to the arboretum and walked, picnicked, the Farmer's market and lunch at the Co-op. Miss these girls so much! Also...DM's first time wearing sunscreen! :)


 One of the many, many things the girls brought down for DM. This adorable onsie. thanks to these girls, he has plenty of clothes, toys, snow suits, swimming trunks, shoes, etc!
 A new face he's been making. It's so funny. He has a second tooth coming in and we think somehow it must feel good.
 His first flip flops...courtesy of Gina & Amber. He doesn't mind them a bit!

Feeling so blessed and thankful. The Holcombs have big things going on. We are so excited for what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment