Friday, May 4, 2012

A trip!

When my sweet mama was only4 years old her family had taken her to Disney on the last day of their vacation. It was closed for the day for repairs. Since then, her dream has been to go to Disney. It's been a long time coming! So cool that Sister and I got to share in this dream with her. We took a great girls trip to Florida! We spent days at the beach, Magic Kingdom and Universal Studios. It was a GREAT time! Love the beach. MK was MAGICAL!!! Seriously. we loved all the characters, parades and rides (with the exception of Space Mountain which left us all sickly. Blugh. I'm pretty sure we saw all things possible. Great weather, not busy. It was pure awesomeness. Not sure 3 adults have ever been that excited to walk into Disney before!
One of my fav parts of Disney was THIS! Shortly before this I had just started to nearly SOB because a lady with an accent told me I was special and she was so glad I was at Disney. I know, I'm a sap. Luckily I got it together before meeting Cinderella!
and if you're curious...yes, we were the only adults in line without children to see the princesses! No shame! :) Another favorite...seeing the parades and shows. After Mickey's show of "Having a dream"...I believe i recall saying...Can you have a dream and not realize you had it? Because OMG...i was not prepared for how I would feel about Disney. I mean, I was excited but didn't know i'd be THAT excited!!
Poor Sister was SO excited to see Ariel. We only caught the backside of her in the parade. So this was the best she got!
Here are some other fun pics of the day!
We loved the Electrical parade and the fireworks too. The perfect end to a long, incredibly fun and memorable day. One of the best experiences I've ever had with my mom and sister!
Universal Studios was awesome. It was so fun to see Sisters excitement over Harry Potter. For someone who had never seen the movies/read the books, mom and I really enjoyed it too. Minus the ride which again, made us all sickly. Apparently us Petrey girls cannot handle motion sickness.
It was super cool. One of our most favorites of Universal...and where I could have probably spent all day....was Seuss Land!! I realize I am probably the only almost 30 year old that gets REALLY excited about the Grinch. But when mom spotted him, I literally RAN to where he was. And even went back twice for a hug! The ole Grinchy Grinch was AWESOME and there were so many Christmas stores. I was in heaven!!
The Beetlejuice Rock Show was AWESOME!! One of our favs!!
For Dad! He loves him some Andy Griffith!
Not too far from the beach we climbed this Light house at St. Augustines. It was AWESOME. And scary. Very windy at the top! The rest of the trip was spent lounging on the beach, jumping waves, join to the Turtle Fest, eating at all the cool little places we could find. Such good times!
(Karen F.- if you are reading...sorry for the pics of the birds! Mom kept feeding them, they were everywhere. She was throwing food over my head and they were catching it. I thought of you LOTS!) So we had an awesome trip. Love times with my Mom and Sister.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun experience! What did your Disney shirts say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they said, "They say your first time should be special. Thanks Mickey!" hahaha. my mom had them made!

    ReplyDelete