Sunday, January 1, 2012

The very first day of 2012

Today we went to church. It was awesome. I put a roast in the crock pot before we left. We steamed some carrots and potatoes. It was delish. The parents come over and had dinner with us. They left and we took down all Christmas decor (Boo.....) and we cleaned....YAY!!! So now we have the day off tomorrow to do whatever we wanna do. YIPPEE!!! Oh- special shout out to my SIL Kristina today....Happy 25th Birthday SIL!!! We know you had a wonderful day celebrating your awesome self. Go ahead and celebrate the rest of the week, month, you know. :)

So....2012. I hate "resolutions". I do however, like goals and I get timelines and numbers in my head which leads us to....well...resolutions I guess. What are your resolutions for the year?

Some of the Holcombs goals for 2012:
-Implement some Dave Ramsey tips for more financial freedom. We are SUPER excited about this!
-Become more self reliant (ex. making our own laundry detergent, shampoo, etc)
-Continue reducing energy and waste.
-Read through the bible this year
-Continue reducing consumption of processed foods, have more fruits/veggies and exercise regularly


And some more personal ones for me....
-Learn to can (specifically jam, tomatoes, green beans and corn)
-Get my craft house up, running and organized.
-Begin voice and piano lessons (which I am finally planning to do)
-Become comfortable with the sewing machine
-Become GOOD at something (specifically a craft)
-Worry less, embrace life

These are completely do-able and we are really excited about them. Of course, your support and encouragement is always appreciated! My hope for you this year is that you love more, laugh more and make more memories than you ever thought you would. Be good to others, serve others and make a difference! Here's to a great new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment