Saturday, August 6, 2011

5 years of marital bliss!!! :)

Remember back in March I started getting these "hints" from Joshua....about a surprise that I would get before the end of the year? Well..on his birthday, he gave me a choice. I could find out that day or keep getting the hints. I opted to find out that day! He had booked the Doolin House for our anniversary night. It's where I got ready that day and where we spent our wedding night. It's such a great place. So we packed our overnight bags, making sure we had all the necessities for all our traditions. We went to town early and ate lunch at Life is Sweet. It's a great little place down town. We walked around downtown, went to the Carnegie Arts Center and to Baxters for our favorite drink....Peanut Butter Chocolate Blitz!

We went to Trinity Springs Park where we got married! We recreated the aisle walk, a leaf used in leiu of a bouquet. The train even went by!

Then we went to the Doolin House where we started our traditions!
We always re create our picnic where Josh proposed. We have pbj's, nacho/chips and root beer. On the actual time of the wedding... we watch our wedding video, look through our wedding & honeymoon pics, watch our Welcome to the Family video, then we feed cake and toast Rockstar! This cake was made by Susan, the lady who made our wedding cake in the same flavor that we ate that night! Chocolate Peanut Butter. Talk about delish!
We exchanged gifts, which were homemade this year. 5 years traditionally is wood or modern is silverware. Josh got real creative. He is so cute. I made him a bookmark...which I figure is made out of wood, so it counts. :) Plus, he always uses receipts, so this way he will have a real one! :) We had an absolutely great night. Such fun to relieve those memories. We always talk about our favorite things that happened that year. We decided this year was the move to Woodstock....which was also one of the most challenging....trying to sell our home and patiently wait for a job. But it has been an amazing experience. We had a lazy morning. Got up early and enjoyed a lovely blueberry pancake breakfast! The we checked out....went to buy dog food, stopped by the farmers market and home to enjoy a lazy cloudy day. Perfect anniversary. An amazing five years. We are so incredibly blessed. It is such a gift to enjoy marriage with the one that God created for you. I have found the one whom my soul loves~ Song of Solomon 3:4

No comments:

Post a Comment