Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bittersweet

Wednesday was my last day of work. It doesn't seem real that I will no longer make the trek to downtown Louisville and spend the day with the best co workers around. They are more than coworkers, they are a part of my family and some of my closest friends. The shock of having only a day was probably a benefit to me because I'm a pretty emotional person. I would have been a train wreck. Instead, it just doesn't seem real. Even with such short notice, they made my last day special by sending me off with sweet cards, gifts, encouragement and hugs. I will miss these people. My dear friend Gina and I went to lunch at the Cafe. It's our place. It's where we treat ourselves. We have celebrated birthdays, holidays, personal accomplishments and the news of two babies (both Gina's!) there. We ordered our favorite....soup, chicken salad (BEST in the world) and those amazing chocolate chip cookies. We still can't figure out how the chocolate chips inside are still gooey even when it's not hot. amazing.
I don't think I'll fully understand how leaving this amazing group of people will affect me until I establish a new routine. I only hope my new co workers will have the character, personalities and sense of humor that this group did. Ok I'm getting teary. I'm done. They are special to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment