Sunday, October 10, 2010

Catching Up

Behind on some updates...the last weekend we were able to work on the farmhouse we got a few things accomplished. The best part of the weekend was Sandy and Grandad coming to visit. we spent a big chunk of the day relaxing around this great fire and sharing this awesome meal.
Josh worked on the floor more. We hope after one more day of sanding the edges we will be ready to stain that floor. We think it looks so beautiful so far!
I hung up this cute little fall sign that I bought on sale at Michael's for like $4.00. It's the first thing I put up. Yay!
We also made a really fun trip to Lowes. We purchased our tile and a toilet.

We're excited for our next trip home because we hired a guy to do some work that was too much for us. When we return, one of our bathrooms may be completed! It's getting a new floor, drywall, pedestal sink, toilet and tile! We're really excited to see a major change. Of course, photos will follow! So while Josh will be sanding the next trip, I'm going to be putting a coat of primer in our bedroom. Once the sanding is finished and all cleaned up, we have someone coming out to texturize the walls. SO excited!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The food looks yummier than what I prepare with the help of a full kitchen! And you can already tell those floors are going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, LOVE the last picture. :) The floors? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete