That's exactly how I would describe the last couple weeks. My parents pup, sweet Ellie girl was diagnosed with Blastomycosis and in a matter of days we thought we were going to have to let her go and say goodbye and now she is slowly but steadily improving. There are a lot of people praying for her so please keep it up. She brings a lot of joy to our family and we want her with us for a long, long, long time. I mean, just look at this baby girl.
Then I had the awesome experience of going with my fantastic friend Paula to see How the Grinch Stole Christmas Musical. OMG. It was AH-MAZING!! We LOVED it!! We traveled up to Indiana, had dinner at this great little restaurant in "little Nashville"...aka Brown County and had the best time. I totally dig the Grinch. I have a lot of Grinchy items. I still want the one piece Grinch pjs. :) We weren't allowed to take pics of the show but I did sneak one! The sets looked just like the illustrations in the book and the music...WOW.
So it was fantastic. There were 2 shows at Indiana University and the rest were in NYC, so we were pretty elated we got to experience this. Then, last week, we lost our Beatrice. A big hawk got her. :( It has just really sucked. She had this wild hair. Literally. When she was a baby, we just KNEW "she" was going to be a rooster. The way she walked, her hair...but no....She was a feisty one. So she is buried along side the other girls we've lost along the way. The rest of the girls were pretty shaken and wouldn't come out of the coop for a few days. The hawk returned the next am but we haven't seen him since. Today is the first day we let them free-range a bit and they booked it to the barn. Poor girls. Here is a picture of our beautiful bird. She was just a young one here.
Here she is with Gloria. She's on the left. We were blessed with her. She sure brought us joy. RIP Beatrice Holcomb.



No comments:
Post a Comment