Friday, October 19, 2012

Weeks of Recap in Photos!

I love these faces

Our sugar maple. the greatest tree ever for many reasons. for now, it's her wonderful beauty. dang she looks good!

Oh yes. A trip to Auburn happened. Long overdue. So thankful to be with my AU family again. Of course the flight was interesting. and cold. We stopped at Milo's and I ate my first piece of hamburger that we didn't' raise. i could really tell the difference that it wasn't home grown but it was MILO's and I'd been looking forward to eating there since I knew the trip was happening. Ok, being honest, way before that. I love me some Milos! Once we got to Auburn, we went to our usual spots around time. I love that town.

I was super excited the game I was going too was a Green Game! Woohoo!

We went to visit Uncle J's and help him in the store for a bit. He is so funny. Hard to believe we have known him since 2007!!! Also...when are my eyes EVER closed in a photo? oh well.

Once we got to the big house with Donna and Lib, we took out Donna's new toy, the Polaris. We neighborhood watched that area busting out AU's fight song. HA! it was fun. and cold!

One of my favorites.....good times in all the apparel stores. Gotta love Anders. Where we got our most awesome AU blankets for like, $12. WOOHOO!

GAME DAY!!!!! Super psyched!!! Love these girls!

We watched 3 quarters from the stands. MB and I like to support our team!

AU alumni....KY, AL and NC. WAR EAGLE!!

4th Quarter we went up to Bill and Tina's suite box. There was yummy food and we watched the rest of the game. Which was really awful. I don't know that much about football and even i knew it was bad (beyond the score of course). Anywho...it was a gorgeous day, there was lots of orange and we were living it up, so it was still super fun. But we did not beat those Hogs. I couldn't never cheer for a team named Hogs. Boo.

Us with our Auburn Mamas. We love Donna and Lib so much. This family was established in 2007 too. They spoil us while we are there and I like to spoil their pups. Especially sweet Honey Bear...their 15 year old maltese. Love her heart. Love spending time with them. We had a great time chilling at the house. Enjoying mornings and evenings by the pool or mornings by the fire, just chatting. Love them.

Well this is also an awful photo BUT i had never used an airplane bathroom before in all my times of flying so when we boarded and then were delayed and had to sit on the runway for an hour..I thought, what the hay! I will go! As any good passenger, I quickly did as I was told and "return to cabin". Also...I didn't want to stay in there too long and give the impression that anything else was going on. Hence, the awful photo.

I just love sky photos. Below all these clouds it was so dark and gloomy. Flying amazes me.

It was a fantastic trip and I can't wait to go again. WAR EAGLE!! Once I got home, it was time to prepare for homemakers. I was hosting at the Community Center. I love anything to dress up. My mom does too. Isn't her costume hilarious. A nerd. Hehehe!

Add caption

In case it's not clear, I was a sick person. HA! We had good times and yummy food! The following weekend, we had a Craft Day to start working on some of the favors and such for Sisters upcoming shower. So thankful that Carie, Makinlee and Cathi joined us Petrey girls to work hard and get things done. Below is the homemade hand scrub that we made as a favor. Aw.


OH! and here is our homely Mr. and Mrs. Fodder. LOVE FALL!! Also in this time off of blogging, I have put up a bushel of apples. I made several quarts of chunky apple sauce. YUM. Some pints of the most amazing apple butter I have ever tasted..SERIOUSLY. and I have frozen several bags of apple slices for pies and cooking and several bags of chunked apples for oatmeal topping. Very exciting. Also...quick update...the monthly meal planning is going great so far! We are staying right on target. So exciting. WOOHOO!!! Today is cold and gray. It's like winter in Woodstock right now. I think I'm going to make chili. My Friday's have been so productive. Been getting up with hubs to make him breakfast (it's the least I can do- he does it all week for me!) I switched out all our summer/winter clothes, cleaned the kitchen, the bed clothes, all that good stuff. Productivity is good. I love being busy at home. Also...the running is still happening. It's good and we are excited.  Alrighty....now off to enjoy our fabulous weekend together. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment