I'm on my 3rd Christmas movie of the day! Elf, Christmas with the Kranks and now Christmas Vacation. A little bummed because Home Alone wasn't in the case. Hmmm. I was super excited for this weekend because Girls Christmas has been schedule since probably October! Girls Christmas started the year I moved to Louisville in 2004. Our group of original Maryhurst girls get together early in the am, in our pjs, have breakfast, exchange gifts, talk about our year and make predictions for ourselves and each other for the year to come. It's great fun. It's evolved a little over the years and we especially miss Chris and Sara since they're too far to travel (Colorado and NY) but we still had a great time. Today we had breakfast at Wild Eggs and hung out at Jenny's. Oh and we did an ornament exchange!
Jenny, Jeannie, Me and Em.

My ornament from Chris...it has a pic of us at Girls Christmas from 2007!

Jeannie was real excited to open her first ornament!

It was a great time! Other plans for the weekend.....Friday night I got to spend time with our fabulous friends Paula and Adam. Adams work had a truck in the Christmas parade so Paula and I rode with them and tossed candy to the kiddos. It was fun!

Our great friends!

A real bummer for the weekend was that Josh ended up going home to work on the farmhouse (yay!) but that meant he wasn't here with me (boo!). So me and the dogs have been solo. We can't wait for him to get home. So tomorrow when he returns, we have planned a fabulous evening out with the Brooks. We're having dinner at an awesome Mediterranean place, Shiraz, followed up with some Starbucks hot chocolate and a trip to see the underground Christmas lights at the zoo! A good Christmas-y time for all. More pics to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment