There is always something wonderful about going home, especially when the weather is nice! This weekend was awesome! We had a beautiful drive down Friday night and got to spend some quality time with Sister and Bob. Sister and I baked and the boys hung out. Saturday brought an amazingly warm and sunshiny day! After a birthday breakfast for daddy, (HAPPY 50th!!!) Josh and I went to get our taxes done. BOO! It was a bummer. But then we had a new baby calf born! He's a bull and a real handsome little guy!
I love baby calves so much! They are the cutest and sweetest little things! I love to see them stumble around and start walking and absolutely love when they start throwing their tails up and take off running. Makes me happy! We were all real productive Saturday! Dad got me set up on the tractor and I spread grass seed in the field while he did some fencing, the boys worked on Ole Blue and mom and sister cleaned and got ready for Daddy's surprise birthday dinner. It was one of the most relaxing days I've had in a long time. I love being outside in perfect weather, especially at home where I'm surrounded by land and a beautiful sky. Love it. Anywho....we surprised dad with having some of his friends over for a birthday dinner. It was so fun!

We ended the weekend with a family trip to Cracker Barrel and the Mighty Dollar! WOOHOO! I bought some Easter basket stuff for my 3 favorite baby boys! (Ethan, Lucas and Lucas). I can't wait to put them together. So sad this weekend is coming to an end. Hopefully the work week will be fabulous and full of sunshine!
Angie, Really nice blog! There is nothing like family!! Love you, Sandy
ReplyDelete