Today we had David Monroe's 4 month appt (and shots) So he got all comfy-ed up in his fleece Auburn sleeper and off we went. (PS..it's a fabulously beautiful day outside!)
He did wonderful at his appointment. We have loved the staff at Rockcastle Peds and would highly recommend them. Anyway...he sure did show off for nurse Nicki. He made lots of noises, shrills, stuck out his tongue, etc. She said, "he is the happiest baby we've ever had in here!" I was so proud. They probably tell all the proud parents that, but hey, I still loved it. And he IS such a happy babe!
WEIGHT: 11.8
HEIGHT: 23 1/2
I was sure he would be heavier/longer because it seems like he has grown so much. The Dr. had no complaints and he wowed her with his adorable personality. The past week he has not gotten up during the night for a bottle. That's right folks. He is down at 7:15pm and gets up around 5-5:30...right around the time our alarm goes off. As fabulous as this feels, I don't want to enjoy it too much cause I know he may shake things up anytime. :) But because he isn't taking the night bottle and only eats 5oz at each feeding, he isn't getting the recommended caloric amount for the day. It's not too far off, just a couple calories shy but we are going to adjust his formula intake to where he meets the recommended caloric amount for the day. He is meeting all his milestones and doing wonderfully. He did well with his shots too. Of course, he cried. It was pitiful. I held him while she did it (josh had to work and couldn't go with us today). He just buried his head in my shoulder and cried. Bless his wee little heart. But a couple minutes later, he was his usual happy self. He had a long nap and has a low grade fever. I took this pic when I was getting him ready for his second nap. He handled today like a champ. Super proud. I love his smile! And as we drove home and the sun was shining and it was semi-warm (YIPEEEEEE!) and I look back and see this sweet boy just chilling in his seat, I couldn't help but think how wonderfully blessed we are. Not only to have this amazing boy but because he is healthy. It is a true miracle to have a healthy child. I don't want to take that for granted. We are thankful.

A mere two days ago....the above pic was our trek to Day Care. A beautiful morning, but not as pretty as today! I also enjoyed this fabulous hot chocolate. Delish.



No comments:
Post a Comment